RN Residency Program at UNMH Hospital
Think you’re ready to make the next step in your career? Learn more about the RN Residency Program at UNM Hospital.
RN Residency program at UNM Hospital
- participate in a formal orientation program and monthly learning seminars.
- transition from beginner to competent professional nurse and member of the health care team.
- receive guided clinical experiences by a staff of caring and expert preceptors and nurse educators.
- integrate into the health care team as an ethical nurse.
- incorporate research-based evidence into nursing practice.
- strengthen your commitment to nursing as a professional career choice.
- develop effective clinical judgment.
The Nurse Residency department hires new grads into specialized tracks, which include the Emergency Department, ICUs, L&D and some specialty areas like IR, CCL and GI Lab.
- Orientation: new graduate orientation.
- Specialty: required specialty orientation/education.
- Seminars: Monthly resident seminars.
- Events: residency-related events including completion of the EBP project.
- Evaluation: program evaluation activities.
- Completion: residency completion celebration!
RN's complete an evidence-based practice project (EBP) aligned with unit goals and present their work at the end of the year.
2018 Vizient Annual Residency Conference: Curt Chiado - "Thrombectomy: Workflow implementations to improve door-to-groin Times"
2018 Western Institute of Nursing Conference: Jessica Roach & Chrissy Black - "Central Line Dressing Change Compliance"
Our team recognizes that our new nurses are passionate about their career path, and we work with them to steer them into different directions to find the role that's the best fit for them. - Donna Winn, Nurse Manager, RN Residency Program.
To learn more, visit unmhjobs.com/rn-residency