UNM Hospital Recognized as Family Friendly Business for a Ninth Time
At UNM Hospital, we believe in prioritizing work/life balance for the sake of our employees and our patients. No matter what team you’re on, we make sure that all our team members can achieve a healthy balance between their work and personal life so they have the time and capacity to tend to their children, families, and any other obligations outside of work.
UNMH has been recognized for a ninth time with a “Family Friendly Business Award” at the Platinum Level by Family Friendly New Mexico (FFNM). FFNM is an awards program put together by the Task Force on Work-Life Balance. Their goal is to recognize employers and businesses in New Mexico that offer family-friendly employee benefits and promote the growing number of businesses that offer family-centered policies.
Giovanna Rossi, head of Family Friendly New Mexico explains what this recognition means.
As we grow the state’s economy, we have the opportunity to be a national leader in offering New Mexicans workplaces that help companies attract and keep the best workers."
It is important for us to implement policies that work for not just our employees, but their families as well. Here are some of the policies that warranted us our ‘Family Friendly’ recognition:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as long-term disability
- Accrued paid leave + nine paid holidays per year
- Making reasonable accommodations for pregnant employees
- Flexible leave time for parents to attend to their kids’ medical or school needs
- Paid family leave
- Ensuring workplaces have proper breastfeeding space and storage
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits available for domestic partners