UNM Hospital Knows What It Means to be Family Friendly
At UNM Hospital, work-life balance is very important to us. We want to make sure that all our employees can achieve a healthy balance between their work life and personal life so they can have the time and capacity to tend to their children, families, or any other obligations outside of work.
UNMH has again been recognized with a “Family Friendly Business Award” by Family Friendly New Mexico (FFNM). FFNM is an awards program put together by the Task Force on Work-Life Balance. Their goal is to recognize employers and businesses in New Mexico that offer family-friendly employee benefits and promote the growing number of businesses that offer family-centered policies.
Giovanna Rossi, head of Family Friendly New Mexico explains what this recognition means.
As we grow the state’s economy, we have the opportunity to be a national leader in offering New Mexicans workplaces that help companies attract and keep the best workers."
It is important for us to implement policies that work for not just our employees, but their families as well. Some of the policies that warranted us our ‘Family Friendly’ recognition is:.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Making reasonable accommodations for pregnant employees
- Flexible leave time for parents to attend to their kids’ medical or school needs
- Paid family leave
- Ensuring workplaces have proper breastfeeding space and storage
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits available for domestic partners
- Discounted lodging and other accommodations for employees working on the front lines during the COVID-19 pandemic
When you accept a position at UNM Hospital, you are joining an organization where you will not only feel supported as your work towards achieving your professional goals but also know that your family will be supported as well.
Join an organization that will work for you. Explore career opportunities at UNM Hospital today!.