Many companies, including UNM Hospital, have been affected by online employment scams targeting job seekers for payment and personal information. We will never request money or sensitive information during the application process. If asked, assume that individual is not affiliated with UNM Hospital and ignore the communication. If selected for a position, we will ask for additional information. All information should be submitted securely on unmhjobs.com, not via email.
RN PER DIEM II
- Job ID
- Registered Nurse
- PACU (Recovery Room 1)
- Albuquerque, NM
- Date posted
- Pay Rate
- $44.33 - $44.33 Hourly
Department: PACU (Recovery Room 1)
Casual Pool (as needed)
Work within the nursing process to provide direct nursing care to assigned patients consistent with clinical specialty (PCU/ICU/ED etc.), independent of patient location. Serve as a role model to promote a positive work environment and quality patient care. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Minimum work requirement for RN Per Diem II is four shifts per schedule. Two weekend shifts per schedule and one summer and one winter holiday are required. This position does not qualify for out of area float pay. Patient care assignment may include; Neonate, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric age groups.
* PATIENT CARE - Deliver safe direct care to an assigned group of patients as required
* POLICIES - Work within Hospitals, Nursing division and departmental policies
* CARE PLAN - Work in collaboration with the healthcare team, implement and document individualized care plans incorporating age specific considerations, including discharge planning and patient/family teaching
* TESTS AND PROCEDURES - Assist with special tests and procedures, ensure proper consent has been obtained
* PARTICIPATION - Participate in orientation; upon successful completion of preceptor training assume precepting and evaluation responsibilities of new personnel
* EMERGENCY MEASURES - Assist with or institute emergency measures for sudden, adverse developments in patients
* MEDICAL RECORDS - Ensure that patient medical records contain necessary information
* INQUIRIES - Answer telephones and triage calls as per departmental policy
* MEDICATION - Administer medication, including IV medication, via the Seven Rights; document and communicate clinical findings
* ENVIRONMENT - Maintain a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with Hospitals standards
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* PATIENT CENTERED MED - Adhere to and promote the core expectations of the Patient Centered Medical Home or Patient Centered Specialty Practice as applicable
* Program Graduate
* Bachelor's Degree
* Nationally Accredited Nursing Graduate
1 year directly related experience
Bilingual English, Spanish, Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* RN in NM or as allowed by reciprocal agreement by NM
* Nationally Certified in area of specialty
* TNCC and/or ENPC
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
Recently Viewed Jobs
Sorry, have not recently viewed any jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.