Many companies, including UNM Hospital, have been affected by online employment scams targeting job seekers for payment and personal information. We will never request money or sensitive information during the application process. If asked, assume that individual is not affiliated with UNM Hospital and ignore the communication. If selected for a position, we will ask for additional information. All information should be submitted securely on unmhjobs.com, not via email.
- Job ID
- Clinical Nursing Support
- Albuquerque, NM
- Date posted
- Pay Rate
- $15.89 - $23.84 Hourly
Shift Differentials - 17% - Monday – Thursday Nights, 26% Friday – Sunday Nights & 15% Saturday – Sunday Days
Expedite, facilitate and support the clinical work done by the anesthesia professional or caregiver by procuring, assembling, troubleshooting, maintaining, cleaning and ensuring anesthesia equipment is operational. Ensure adherence to Hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
* SUPPLIES - Stock anesthesia carts with supplies to be used for line insertion, intubation and airway management during surgery
* EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES - Ensure anesthesia workroom has adequate inventory, is well organized and maintained
* PROCEDURES - Use sterile technique and follow universal protocol, assist with room preparation and turnover by removing soiled supplies and equipment as well as processing and assembling area anesthesia supplies and equipment for next case
* PROCEDURES - Under direct supervision and upon request of the anesthesia provider make available, medications, assemble and assist with the operation of specialized equipment, i.e., cellsaver, rapid infusion pump, emergency airway equipment, intubation scopes and devices. Maintain knowledge of anesthesia equipment and procedures used at the Hospitals anesthetizing locations
* PROCEDURES - Assist anesthesia provider with the placement of invasive monitoring lines such as; arterial, venous and PA catheters
* RELATED WORK - Perform related duties and responsibilities as required
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* High School or GED Equivalent
* Vocational or Technical
* Related - Post High School
1 year directly related experience
Bilingual English/Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* Emergency Medical Technician Basic License
Medium Work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
* Limited access to med room. Med Admin Policy, Att A
* May be required or is required to perform on-call duties