Many companies, including UNM Hospital, have been affected by online employment scams targeting job seekers for payment and personal information. We will never request money or sensitive information during the application process. If asked, assume that individual is not affiliated with UNM Hospital and ignore the communication. If selected for a position, we will ask for additional information. All information should be submitted securely on unmhjobs.com, not via email.
TECH ADAPTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Job ID
- Clinical Care
- CTH Physical Therapy
- Albuquerque, NM
- Date posted
- Pay Rate
- $16.32 - $23.84 Hourly
Department: CTH Physical Therapy
Full Time (30 - 40 hours per week)
Assist occupational and physical therapists in the evaluation of patients for adaptive devises. Perform detailed and exacting maintenance which includes fit, adjust, repair, and modify wheelchairs and other adaptive equipment. May assist physical, occupational and speech-language therapists with therapy services. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include Neonate, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric age groups.
* EQUIPMENT - Fit, adjust, modify, and repair wheelchairs and other mobility systems for disabled and recovering patients
* EQUIPMENT - Assist physical, occupational and speech-language therapists in the evaluation of clients for wheelchairs; consult with therapists regarding the application of adaptive equipment
* EQUIPMENT - Design and construct adaptive equipment and specialized assistive devices
* EQUIPMENT - Ability to design and fabricate individualized adaptive equipment; ability to analyze and interpret individual patient requirements for adaptive equipment
* EQUIPMENT - Fit patients with specialized car seats and train family members in the installation and use of car safety seats
* WORK - Able to work independently and within a team environment
* SCHEDULES - Schedule patient appointments, obtain prior authorizations, and check equipment
* SAFETY - Practice appropriate safety, environmental, and infection control procedures
* TRAINING - Attend in-service educational programs; attend staff meetings; participate in quality assurance programs
* OTHER DUTIES - Perform other duties as assigned or requested
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* ADMINISTRATION - Perform various administrative functions such as monitoring expenditures and preparing reports and correspondence; may participate in a variety of research projects to develop service plans; may propose changes to program policies and procedures
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* High School or GED Equivalent
No minimum experience required
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Med Haz: Mod exposure to chemicals/dangerous equip/materials