Many companies, including UNM Hospital, have been affected by online employment scams targeting job seekers for payment and personal information. We will never request money or sensitive information during the application process. If asked, assume that individual is not affiliated with UNM Hospital and ignore the communication. If selected for a position, we will ask for additional information. All information should be submitted securely on unmhjobs.com, not via email.
RN PSYCH OUTPT
- Job ID
- Registered Nurse
- ABQ ACT Team-Current Yr
- Albuquerque, NM
- Date posted
- Pay Rate
- $28.09 - $37.82 Hourly
UNM Hospitals participates in the Clinical Advancement Program (CAP) and depending on your Nursing Education and National Certifications, you’ll work towards one of five CAP levels that offer increasing compensation. You may earn up to $8.00 in addition to base pay.
Sign-on Bonus and Relocation reimbursement available!
Department: ABQ ACT Team-Current Yr
Provide professional nursing care for assigned patients in a mental health/psychiatric environment. Design nursing care plans and assist in the development of overall care plans for psychiatric patients, ensuring administration of appropriate overall care in a manner conducive to recovery. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
* PATIENT CARE - Interview, examine, and assess the health status of psychiatric patients with various cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders
* PATIENT CARE - Observe patient behavior, activities, and mental status; perform triage and crisis intervention
* PATIENT CARE - Write treatment plans; coordinate patient drug and procedure activities; administer medication and treatment; provide and coordinate nursing care of assigned patients; may facilitate group therapy and/or education sessions
* PATIENT CARE - Chart and report observed symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in the patients' conditions; collect and document data and information; may perform computerized data entry
* PATIENT CARE - Perform nursing intakes, draw blood and other patient specimens; may perform or coordinate laboratory tests
* PATIENT CARE - Educate patients and families on treatment regimens, management of side effects, and compliance with the treatment plans; provide emotional support and acts as advocate for patients and families
* PATIENT CARE - Provide information and facilitate communication between physicians, medical students, staff, patients, families, and community; coordinate and consult with a milieu of service providers
* POLICY & PROCEDURE - Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* ADMINISTRATION - Perform various administrative functions such as monitoring expenditures and preparing reports and correspondence; may participate in a variety of research projects to develop service plans; may propose changes to program policies and procedures
* PRECEPTOR - Participate in orientation, and having successfully completed preceptor training, assume precepting and evaluation responsibilities of new personnel
* PATIENT CENTERED MED - Adhere to and promote the core expectations of the Patient Centered Medical Home or Patient Centered Specialty Practice as applicable
* EMERGENCY MEASURES - Assist with or institute emergency measures for sudden, adverse developments in patients
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* ACTIVITIES - Provide side by side support, training and coaching of clients in their home environment and/or in the field in the area of Activities of Daily Living to include (but not limited to) personal hygiene, food selection and preparation, money management, and transportation
* COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES - Provide side by side support, coaching and encouragement to help clients to socialize by going with a client to community activities
* JOB DEVELOPMENT - Provide job development to clients that includes coaching and support in seeking and maintaining employment
* MENTOR - Serve as a mentor to clients to promote hope and empowerment
* ON-CALL - Provide on-call services in rotation with other ACT team staff
* TREATMENT - Provide individual and group treatment in the office and in community settings in a stage-based treatment model that is non-confrontational, considers interactions of mental illness and substance abuse and has client-determined goals
* COORDINATION - Coordinate with outside inpatient services to detoxify clients
* MEDICAL CARE - Coordinate medical care for clients
* Program Graduate
* Bachelor's Degree
* Nationally Accredited Nursing Graduate
Bilingual English, Spanish, Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo 1 year directly related experience
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* RN in NM or as allowed by reciprocal agreement by NM
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
* Sig Haz: Physical risk/injuries due to combative patients
Recently Viewed Jobs
Sorry, have not recently viewed any jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.