UNM Hospitals is the largest community mental health provider in the state of New Mexico. The Psychiatric Center treats both adults and children and provides a wide variety of services including but not limited to: Addiction/Recovery, Forensics, Senior Programs, Native American Programs, and Psychosocial Rehabilitation.
- Level: Mid (1+ years in mental healthcare)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
- At UNMH, you’ll find a world-class care environment that will bring out the best in you. Here, we treat everyone with respect. We listen to our patients, anticipate their needs and make everyone feel welcome.
- Since we work at a teaching hospital, we keep our skills fresh, learn from mistakes, are thorough and accurate, and open to change. We’re also able to think about the big picture without losing sight of the smallest detail.
- Working together, we collaborate and encourage each other, but can also work with autonomy. We share ideas, welcome feedback, and value the diversity of our teams.
- While you build your career with UNMH, we’ll help you excel with ample training and learning opportunities. After all, you’re helping care for people throughout our community, our state, and our region.
What makes a successful Behavioral Health RN at UNMH? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Behavioral Health is constantly changing and evolving. And at UNMH, we’re always up to date.— Marcie, RN
Benefits of Employment
Medical, Dental (Free for full-time) Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA
Up to 6% hospital contribution to the 403b retirement plan
Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
Nursing Mother Rooms, Cafeteria
Close to Public Transportation, Restaurants, and Entertainment
- Job ID
- Behavioral and Mental Health
- CPC Programs for Children
- Albuquerque, NM
- Date posted
- Pay Rate
- $46.56 - $72.11 Hourly
Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Reimbursement available!
Department: CPC Programs for Children
Responsible for mental health care and education. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include Neonate, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric age groups.
* PATIENT CARE - Provide psychological evaluations; assesse individual and group treatment and family interventions
* EDUCATION - Participate in staff education programs; orient new employees; provide psychological input at patient care conferences; provide direction for new or temporary personnel
* PATIENT CARE - Document all patient care activities/interactions; collaborate with community and state-wide mental health agencies to ensure follow-up patient assistance
* SUPERVISION - Direct support staff, as needed
* CUSTOMER RELATIONS - Establish and maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with patients, visitors, physicians and Hospitals employees
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* Doctorate Degree
* Ph.D. or Psy.D. Counseling, Clin Psychology, Psychology
Documented experience in age appropriate environment
Bilingual English, Spanish, Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo 1 year directly related experience
* Psychologist License in New Mexico
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
* No or min hazard, physical risk, office environment
* Sub to credential.failure obtain/maintain may result in term
* 60 days written notice required to be eligible for rehire
Recently Viewed Jobs
Sorry, have not recently viewed any jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.