Many companies, including UNM Hospital, have been affected by online employment scams targeting job seekers for payment and personal information. We will never request money or sensitive information during the application process. If asked, assume that individual is not affiliated with UNM Hospital and ignore the communication. If selected for a position, we will ask for additional information. All information should be submitted securely on unmhjobs.com, not via email.
- Job ID
- Clinical Care
- CTH Physical Therapy
- Albuquerque, NM
- Date posted
- Pay Rate
- $38.47 - $59.6 Hourly
This position offers generous sign on bonus and relocation reimbursement to external hires.
Department: CTH Physical Therapy
Full Time (30 - 40 hours per week)
Organize and deliver medically-prescribed physical therapy to restore function and prevent disability following disease, injury or loss of a body part. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include Neonate, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric age groups.
* THERAPY - Evaluate patient to determine treatment goals; outline delivery of therapy according to assessed needs; plan therapy program involving physical means to include exercise, massage, heat, sound, water, light, and electricity
* EVALUATION - Apply methodology for evaluation of functional ability
* CONSULTATION - Consult with medical staff on patient care
* EDUCATION - Educate patient in use of specialized equipment, posture control, and therapeutic procedures
* INSTRUCTION - Instruct caregivers on prescribed physical therapy regimen; instruct patients and caregivers on home and personal safety in various environments
* THERAPY - Adapt therapy techniques to meet patient needs
* TRAINING - Conduct training for medical, nursing and ancillary personnel in therapy techniques and objectives; provide clinical direction through mentoring, planning and implementing staff in-service training
* SUPERVISION - Supervise and instruct Physical Therapy students and volunteers as delegated; delegate patient treatment responsibilities to ancillary staff as appropriate
* DOCUMENTATION - Document all patient care activities; process patient billing
* MODIFICATIONS - Assess home environment for modifications; make recommendations on modifications needed to maximize daily living activities
* SUPPLIES & EQUIPMENT - Order supplies and equipment
* INSURANCE - Complete insurance documentation as required
* CUSTOMER RELATIONS - Establish and maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with patients, visitors, physicians and Hospitals employees
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* Bachelor's Degree
* Related Discipline
Bilingual English, Spanish, Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo 1 year directly related experience
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* NM Physical Therapist License or Temporary License
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Med Haz: Mod exposure to chemicals/dangerous equip/materials