PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT
Rehab Services at UNM Hospital leads a pivotal role in the rehabilitation, health maintenance, and wellness of patients by treating a wide variety of health conditions. We are seeking kind, generous, empathetic individuals who want to join a top team that is valued and makes a significant impact in a patient’s recovery. Are you ready for a fulfilling and rewarding experience? Then apply at UNMH today!
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Per Diem
- Level: Mid
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
- At UNMH, you’ll find a world-class care environment that will bring out the best in you. Here, we treat everyone with respect. We listen to our patients, anticipate their needs and make everyone feel welcome.
- Since we work at a teaching hospital, we keep our skills fresh, learn from mistakes, are thorough and accurate, and open to change. We’re also able to think about the big picture without losing sight of the smallest detail.
- Working together, we collaborate and encourage each other, but can also work with autonomy. We share ideas, welcome feedback, and value the diversity of our teams.
- While you build your career with UNMH, we’ll help you excel with ample training and learning opportunities. After all, you’re helping care for people throughout our community, our state, and our region.
What makes a successful Rehab Services team member at UNMH? Check out the traits
we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
UNMH offers so many resources. Nurses, doctors, techs, they all want to teach you something. It's the right place for me— Chrissy
After graduating in Exercise Science from UNM, I knew I wanted to continue learning and growing by working with these dedicated therapists who are so kind to patients.— Elizabeth
It’s intense here, for sure. But it’s so rewarding. The population that UNMH serves is where I like to work, people that wouldn’t necessarily get care elsewhere.— Emjae
Some of the technology we have here, only a handful of hospitals in the country have it. And we're taking it two or three steps further than anywhere else.— Nick
As therapists and staff we have a good camaraderie. We share ideas about therapeutic techniques and collaborate to help our patients.— Aurin
Benefits of Employment
Medical, Dental (Free for full-time) Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA
5.5% UNMH contribution after 1 year
56 hours Educational leave; CME allowance
Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
Nursing Mother Rooms, Cafeteria
Close to Public Transportation, Restaurants, and Entertainment
- Job ID
- Clinical Care
- Rehabilitation Outpatient 1025
- Albuquerque, NM
- Date posted
- Pay Rate
- $25.21 - $37.82 Hourly
Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Reimbursement available!
Receive 17% weekday nights, 26% weekend nights, or 15% weekend day shift differentials!
Dynamic outpatient position at New Mexico’s only Level 1 trauma center and the state’s only teaching hospital. The successful applicant will provide services at our main outpatient rehabilitation department with an orthopaedic and primary care focus. As a member of the UNMH outpatient team, you will be part of a rehab department encompassing highly trained and specialty certified O.T.s and P.T.s. Educational opportunities abound. Many of our therapists teach in the UNM Physical Therapy and/or Occupational Therapy educational programs. We also support a strong student internship program. Experience preferred; however, new grads are welcome and, if selected, will be supported with mentorship.
Department: Rehabilitation Outpatient 1025
Performs physical therapy procedures and related tasks. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups
* POLICY & PROCEDURE - Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs
* PATIENT CARE - Assist the Physical Therapist during patient testing, evaluations and complex procedures
* PATIENT CARE - Carry out a program of corrective exercise and treatment for assigned patients, as determined by evaluation performed by Physical Therapist
* PATIENT EDUCATION - Instruct patients on segments of the program, including proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, canes, braces, and prosthetic appliances and devices
* EQUIPMENT - Obtain and return required equipment
* EQUIPMENT - Maintain and care for equipment and supplies
* RECORDS - Develop and maintain administrative records, reports, and statistics as required
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* PATIENT CENTERED MED - Adhere to and promote the core expectations of the Patient Centered Medical Home or Patient Centered Specialty Practice as applicable
* Associate Degree
* Related Discipline
No minimum experience required
Bilingual English/Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* NM Physical Therapy Assistant Lic; Permanent w/in 3 months
* Physical Therapy Assistant Lic by NM PT Board
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Med Haz: Dirt, dust, fumes, odors, bad weather, noise
Recently Viewed Jobs
Sorry, have not recently viewed any jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.