Many companies, including UNM Hospital, have been affected by online employment scams targeting job seekers for payment and personal information. We will never request money or sensitive information during the application process. If asked, assume that individual is not affiliated with UNM Hospital and ignore the communication. If selected for a position, we will ask for additional information. All information should be submitted securely on unmhjobs.com, not via email.
PATIENT CARE TECH
- Job ID
- Clinical Nursing Support
- General Pediatrics Unit
- Albuquerque, NM
- Date posted
- Pay Rate
- $15.40 - $19.27 Hourly
Shift Differentials - 17% - Monday – Thursday Nights & 26% Friday – Sunday Nights
Sign-on Bonus available
Department: General Pediatrics Unit
Provide basic patient care to include tube insertion, wound care and phlebotomy. Assist in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the activities occurring in the nursing station by performing clerical and receptionist duties and maintaining the physical environment of the area. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include Neonate, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric age groups.
* PATIENT OBSERVATION - Observe patient to ensure their safety and well being; report observations to Charge Nurse or appropriate designee
* PATIENT CARE - Provide basic patient care; take and record vital signs to include temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height, blood pressure and intake-output measurements
* PATIENT CARE - Assist with activities of daily living (ADL): meals, ambulation, hygiene, linen change and toileting as instructed
* PATIENT CARE - Maintain therapeutic plan of care and minute to minute care of patient who is at extreme risk to self or others
* PATIENT CARE - Complete documentation as required on the Electronic Medical Record
* PATIENT CARE - Complete specific skills listed in the "University of New Mexico, Unlicensed Assistive Personnel Specific Functions" Matrix
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* PATIENT CENTERED MED - Adhere to and promote the core expectations of the Patient Centered Medical Home or Patient Centered Specialty Practice as applicable
* High School or GED Equivalent
* MA or PCT or CNA or DD214 or 2 sem nurs schl or UNMH Tech
1 year directly related experience
Bilingual English/Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* Medical Terminology course w/in six months of position
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
* Limited access to med room. Med Admin Policy, Att A
Recently Viewed Jobs
Sorry, have not recently viewed any jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.