OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT CERTIFIED
Rehab Services at UNM Hospital leads a pivotal role in the rehabilitation, health maintenance, and wellness of patients by treating a wide variety of health conditions. We are seeking kind, generous, empathetic individuals who want to join a top team that is valued and makes a significant impact in a patient’s recovery. Are you ready for a fulfilling and rewarding experience? Then apply at UNMH today!
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Per Diem
- Level: Mid
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
- At UNMH, you’ll find a world-class care environment that will bring out the best in you. Here, we treat everyone with respect. We listen to our patients, anticipate their needs and make everyone feel welcome.
- Since we work at a teaching hospital, we keep our skills fresh, learn from mistakes, are thorough and accurate, and open to change. We’re also able to think about the big picture without losing sight of the smallest detail.
- Working together, we collaborate and encourage each other, but can also work with autonomy. We share ideas, welcome feedback, and value the diversity of our teams.
- While you build your career with UNMH, we’ll help you excel with ample training and learning opportunities. After all, you’re helping care for people throughout our community, our state, and our region.
What makes a successful Rehab Services team member at UNMH? Check out the traits
we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
UNMH offers so many resources. Nurses, doctors, techs, they all want to teach you something. It's the right place for me— Chrissy
After graduating in Exercise Science from UNM, I knew I wanted to continue learning and growing by working with these dedicated therapists who are so kind to patients.— Elizabeth
It’s intense here, for sure. But it’s so rewarding. The population that UNMH serves is where I like to work, people that wouldn’t necessarily get care elsewhere.— Emjae
Some of the technology we have here, only a handful of hospitals in the country have it. And we're taking it two or three steps further than anywhere else.— Nick
As therapists and staff we have a good camaraderie. We share ideas about therapeutic techniques and collaborate to help our patients.— Aurin
Benefits of Employment
Medical, Dental (Free for full-time) Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA
5.5% UNMH contribution after 1 year
56 hours Educational leave; CME allowance
Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
Nursing Mother Rooms, Cafeteria
Close to Public Transportation, Restaurants, and Entertainment
- Job ID
- Clinical Care
- Rehabilitation Services
- Albuquerque, NM
- Date posted
- Pay Rate
- $25.21 - $37.82 Hourly
Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Reimbursement available!
Receive 17% weekday nights, 26% weekend nights, or 15% weekend day shift differentials!
Department: Rehabilitation Services
Provide and/or assist in the provision of rehabilitative and developmental therapy and support services for ambulatory and/or inpatient clients of a specified patient care facility or clinical program. Facilitate the learning of skills and functions essential to regaining physical or mental capabilities or successfully adjusting to physical and/or mental disabilities. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
* PATIENT CARE - Administer patient treatment activities as directed by the supervising therapist in a timely and accurate manner
* PATIENT CARE - Assist in planning, organizing, and conducting occupational therapy programs under the direct guidance of a registered Occupational Therapist
* PATIENT CARE - Treat and/or assist in treatment, advisement, and education of patients and families as appropriate to specify physical, mental, and/or developmental disabilities
* PATIENT CARE - Fabricate and fit splints, braces, and other adaptive devices and trains patients on use, according to therapy program
* PATIENT CARE - Monitor patient progress throughout treatment; prepare and maintain records as appropriate, ensuring adherence to procedural safeguards and confidentiality requirements
* EDUCATION - Assist as directed in the training of health care providers in the execution of occupational therapy procedures and techniques
* EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES - Requisition supplies and equipment; clean and repair tools and equipment as required
* SAFETY - Practice safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods
* LEAD - Lead other COTA's, Tech, and Aides as deemed appropriate by the supervisor
* TESTING - Administer standardized and non-standardized testing
* LEAD - Supervise Occupational Therapist Assistant Students during their field rotation
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* Associate Degree
* Related Discipline
No minimum experience required
Bilingual English/Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* COTA or w/in 3 months of position (must have temp license)
* Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Med Haz: Mod exposure to chemicals/dangerous equip/materials
Recently Viewed Jobs
Sorry, have not recently viewed any jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.