Many companies, including UNM Hospital, have been affected by online employment scams targeting job seekers for payment and personal information. We will never request money or sensitive information during the application process. If asked, assume that individual is not affiliated with UNM Hospital and ignore the communication. If selected for a position, we will ask for additional information. All information should be submitted securely on unmhjobs.com, not via email.
- Job ID
- Clinical Nursing Support
- Women's Special Care
- Albuquerque, NM
- Date posted
- Pay Rate
- $17.26 - $17.26 Hourly
Department: Women's Special Care
Casual Pool (as needed)
Provide basic patient care. Perform routine treatment procedures and assist in maintenance of a safe, clean environment. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
* PATIENT OBSERVATION - Observe patient to ensure their safety and well being; report observations to Charge Nurse or appropriate designee
* PATIENT CARE - Provide basic patient care; take and record vital signs to include temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height, blood pressure and intake-output measurements
* PATIENT CARE - Assist with activities of daily living (ADL): meals, ambulation, hygiene, linen change and toileting as instructed
* PATIENT CARE - Maintain therapeutic plan of care and minute to minute care of patient who is at extreme risk to self or others
* PATIENT CARE - Complete documentation as required on the Electronic Medical Record
* PATIENT CARE - Complete specific skills listed in the "University of New Mexico, Unlicensed Assistive Personnel Specific Functions" Matrix
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* Basic Nursing Skills Course at Nursing School
* Nursing Acute Care Clinical Course
Bilingual English, Spanish, Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo 1/2 year (6 months) directly related experience
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* Upon completion of pgm temp or perm RN lic w/in 6 weeks
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
* Limited access to med room. Med Admin Policy, Att A