Many companies, including UNM Hospital, have been affected by online employment scams targeting job seekers for payment and personal information. We will never request money or sensitive information during the application process. If asked, assume that individual is not affiliated with UNM Hospital and ignore the communication. If selected for a position, we will ask for additional information. All information should be submitted securely on unmhjobs.com, not via email.
LPN INPT II
- Job ID
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Operating Room
- Albuquerque, NM
- Date posted
- Pay Rate
- $21.61 - $32.44 Hourly
Department: Operating Room
Full Time (30 - 40 hours per week)
New program for the Operating Room, will be trained in scrubbing and circulating.
Sign on Bonus for External Candidates.
Work within the nursing process to provide direct nursing care to assigned patients. Ensures adherence to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures. Patient care assignment may include; Neonate, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric age groups.
* PATIENT CARE - The following duties are performed under the direction of an RN:
* PATIENT CARE - Deliver safe direct care to an assigned group of patients as required
* POLICIES - Work within Hospitals, Nursing division and departmental policies
* CARE PLAN - Work in collaboration with the healthcare team, implement and document individualized care plans incorporating age specific considerations, including discharge planning and patient/family teaching
* TESTS AND PROCEDURES - Assist with special tests and procedures, ensure proper consent has been obtained
* EMERGENCY MEASURES - Assist with or institute emergency measures for sudden, adverse developments in patients
* TRAINING - Participate in orientation and evaluation of new personnel
* MEDICAL RECORDS - Ensure that patient medical records contain necessary information
* ENVIRONMENT - Maintain a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with Hospitals standards
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* PATIENT CARE - Clean patient care rooms, equipment and instruments; report equipment problems; order and store supplies; maintain appropriate PAR levels
* PATIENT CARE - Assist nursing staff/physicians in complicated treatment procedures; perform routine treatment procedures
* PATIENT CARE - Identify and assess clinical situations beyond their scope and promptly notifies a nurse and/or physician
* PATIENT CARE - Provide oxygen therapy, I.V. setup, catheterization, apply cardiac monitor and other duties as assigned under the supervision of RN or attending physician as requested
* MEDICATION - Administer medications and monitors results, excluding IV medications, via the Seven Rights and documents and communicate clinical findings
* Program Graduate
* LPN Accredited Program Graduate
No minimum experience required
Bilingual English, Spanish, Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* Licensed Practical Nurse in NM or recip agreement
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
* Limited access to med room. Med Admin Policy, Att A