Many companies, including UNM Hospital, have been affected by online employment scams targeting job seekers for payment and personal information. We will never request money or sensitive information during the application process. If asked, assume that individual is not affiliated with UNM Hospital and ignore the communication. If selected for a position, we will ask for additional information. All information should be submitted securely on unmhjobs.com, not via email.
INTERP & TRANSLATOR SPANISH
- Job ID
- Interpreter Language Services
- Albuquerque, NM
- Date posted
- Pay Rate
- $21.61 - $32.44 Hourly
Receive 17% weekday nights, 26% weekend nights, or 15% weekend day shift differentials!
Department: Interpreter Language Services
Provide accurate medical written translation and verbal interpretation. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
* QUALITY SERVICE - Deliver quality service and act in a positive way with all customers to complete assigned functions; identify, recommend and implement opportunities for continuous improvement
* INTERPRET - Verbally interpret into proper medical terminology in a medical setting using a variety of techniques
* INTERPRET - Adhere to the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conducts for ASL interpreters
* TRANSLATION - Assist in written translation of medical information to internal and external customers
* TRANSLATION - Translate in written form patient education information as requested
* CONFIDENTIALITY - Maintain strict patient confidentiality as per UNM Hospitals and department policies
* FOLLOW-UP - Assist in patient follow-up as necessary; may include contacting patients for appointment reminders
* WORKING RELATIONS - Establish and maintain positive relationships with patients, visitors, and Hospitals employees in the work environment
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* High School or GED Equivalent
* Program Graduate
* Associate Degree
* UNMH Inter/Translator Med Qual-Adv High or Superior Score
* Bridge the GAP Interpreter/Tranlator or Equivalent
* Related Discipline
1 year directly related experience
No preferred experience
* Not Applicable/Not Required
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. May require walking or standing to a significant degree or requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or may require working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of materials is negligible.
* Minor Hazard - physical risks, dirt, dust, fumes, noise
* Ineligible for interpreter stipend
* May be required or is required to perform on-call duties
Recently Viewed Jobs
Sorry, have not recently viewed any jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.