CWA - TECH MENTAL HEALTH I
UNM Hospitals is the largest community mental health provider in the state of New Mexico. The Psychiatric Center treats both adults and children and provides a wide variety of services including but not limited to: Addiction/Recovery, Forensics, Senior Programs, Native American Programs, and Psychosocial Rehabilitation.
- Level: Mid (1+ years in mental healthcare)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
- At UNMH, you’ll find a world-class care environment that will bring out the best in you. Here, we treat everyone with respect. We listen to our patients, anticipate their needs and make everyone feel welcome.
- Since we work at a teaching hospital, we keep our skills fresh, learn from mistakes, are thorough and accurate, and open to change. We’re also able to think about the big picture without losing sight of the smallest detail.
- Working together, we collaborate and encourage each other, but can also work with autonomy. We share ideas, welcome feedback, and value the diversity of our teams.
- While you build your career with UNMH, we’ll help you excel with ample training and learning opportunities. After all, you’re helping care for people throughout our community, our state, and our region.
What makes a successful Behavioral Health RN at UNMH? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Behavioral Health is constantly changing and evolving. And at UNMH, we’re always up to date.— Marcie, RN
Benefits of Employment
Medical, Dental (Free for full-time) Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA
Up to 6% hospital contribution to the 403b retirement plan
Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
Nursing Mother Rooms, Cafeteria
Close to Public Transportation, Restaurants, and Entertainment
- Job ID
- Behavioral and Mental Health
- CPC Acute Services
- Albuquerque, NM
- Date posted
- Pay Rate
- $15.59 - $20.44 Hourly
Receive 17% weekday nights, 26% weekend nights, or 15% weekend day shift differentials!
Department: CPC Acute Services
$1,500 Sign On Bonus
Provide child, adolescent, or adult patient care in a treatment or educational milieu; assist in the maintenance of a safe, secure environment that enhances treatment and/or educational effectiveness. May operate in an in-patient/residential environment, or in outreach environment, such as in homes, schools, and/or community agencies. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
* PATIENT CARE - Provide care to patient in a manner that considers and promotes safety, comfort, and the therapeutic environment
* EDUCATION - Provide education and training specific to individual patient needs, abilities, learning preferences and readiness; provide educational resources to patients and/or family members in coordination with treatment team
* CHARTING - Chart observations and other required documentation on assigned patients, behaviors, following prescribed procedures and standards; chart according to treatment plan; use electronic medical record when required
* PHYSICAL NEEDS - Assist with the physical needs of patients; may include taking manual vital signs, weights, and urine, stool, and sputum specimens as designated
* PATIENT CARE - Assist patients with activities of daily living; attend to patient behavioral problems and provide assistance and coordination in crisis intervention as needed
* PATIENT TREATMENT - Participate in the development, coordination and implementation of patient treatment programs
* CONFIDENTIALITY - Maintain confidentiality of patient records, adhering to HIPAA guidelines
* LIAISON - In collaboration with treatment team, may act as liaison with other departments, staff and patients
* TRANSPORT - Transport patients to and from appointments, clinics, laboratories, and/or treatments
* ACTIVITIES - Work with other multi-disciplinary team members to lead milieu activities such as activities of daily living, current events, goals and fitness groups; community meetings, school and/or recreational activities as appropriate
* MEETINGS - Attend and participate in group sessions, in-service education, and staff meetings
* REGISTRATION - Process patient admission and registration as appropriate
* COMPUTER - Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing and accessing appropriate computer and information system
* PHLEBOTOMY - May perform phlebotomy duties as assigned
* CRISIS RESPONSE TEAM - Participate as a member of the Crisis Response Team responding to calls related to psychiatric services or assessed as a psychiatric crisis; assist staff with patients in crisis; assist with transports of psychiatric patients
* SAFETY - Assist patients to regain behavior control; escort patients to safe area using least restrictive means possible; apply restraints as needed; assist with administration of emergency medications and daily living activities
* OTHER DUTIES - Perform other duties as assigned or requested
* POLICIES - Follow and maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* High School or GED Equivalent
* UNMH Mental Health Tech w/in 6 Months
1/2 year (6 months) directly related experience
Bilingual English, Spanish, Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Sig Haz: Physical risk/injuries due to combative patients
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
* Limited access to med room. Med Admin Policy, Att A
Recently Viewed Jobs
Sorry, have not recently viewed any jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.