CWA - SPEC REGISTRATION & ELIGIBILITY
UNM Hospitals is the largest community mental health provider in the state of New Mexico. The Psychiatric Center treats both adults and children and provides a wide variety of services including but not limited to: Addiction/Recovery, Forensics, Senior Programs, Native American Programs, and Psychosocial Rehabilitation.
- Level: Mid (1+ years in mental healthcare)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
- At UNMH, you’ll find a world-class care environment that will bring out the best in you. Here, we treat everyone with respect. We listen to our patients, anticipate their needs and make everyone feel welcome.
- Since we work at a teaching hospital, we keep our skills fresh, learn from mistakes, are thorough and accurate, and open to change. We’re also able to think about the big picture without losing sight of the smallest detail.
- Working together, we collaborate and encourage each other, but can also work with autonomy. We share ideas, welcome feedback, and value the diversity of our teams.
- While you build your career with UNMH, we’ll help you excel with ample training and learning opportunities. After all, you’re helping care for people throughout our community, our state, and our region.
What makes a successful Behavioral Health RN at UNMH? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Behavioral Health is constantly changing and evolving. And at UNMH, we’re always up to date.— Marcie, RN
Benefits of Employment
Medical, Dental (Free for full-time) Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA
Up to 6% hospital contribution to the 403b retirement plan
Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
Nursing Mother Rooms, Cafeteria
Close to Public Transportation, Restaurants, and Entertainment
- Job ID
- Behavioral and Mental Health
- BHO - Admitting/Registration - UPC
- Albuquerque, NM
- Date posted
- Pay Rate
- $15.96 - $22.06 Hourly
Receive 17% weekday nights, 26% weekend nights, or 15% weekend day shift differentials!
Department: BHO - Admitting/Registration
Shift: Weekend Days
Perform pre-registration and registration functions for Ambulatory/Outpatient Operations area assigned; verify insurance coverage eligibility and benefits; verify required referrals and/or prior authorization are in place prior to visit; contact patients for outdated or missing demographics; professional and efficient phone call handling via telephone ACD system in a call center setting; perform as first contact for Persons in Custody of Law Enforcement Agency (PICLEA) as they arrive for care; screen patients for coverage and assist them in navigating their financial options including UNMH or other UNM Health Systems financial assistance, NM Medicaid, or other State and Federal Programs; perform intake applications for State of NM Medicaid; Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. No patient care assignment.
* PATIENT CARE - Assist patients in locating departments; schedule and coordinate patient appointments; refer patients and families to appropriate services and resources
* CUSTOMER SERVICE - Provide information and assistance to internal and external customers; provide and ensure quality service and customer satisfaction
* DATA - Perform data entry and research using various hospital system programs
* DATA ENTRY - Enter various data into computer; verify data, make corrections and ensure accuracy
* REGISTRATION - Interview patients and/or families to obtain demographic, financial information and signatures as required; schedule new and follow-up appointments
* PRIOR AUTH/INSURANCE - Verify insurance coverage and benefits on patients needing an Auth; provide notification of admission and obtain auth for emergency admits; obtain authorizations for same day surgery, inpatient surgery, direct admits and any other pre scheduled stays or procedures. Provide all pertinent medical history/documentation for insurance companies and other payors in order to obtian an auth; document Cerner with correct information; Scan all documents concerning authorization and reimbursement into Siemens document imaging; may collect down payments for and copays for procedures. Create Pre Admits in Cerner as appropriate
* PRIOR AUTHORIZATION - Complete pre-screening process for specialty clinic appointments for referral and/or prior auth
* FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE - Interview patients and complete the application process for State/Government programs; maintain MOSAA certification with the State; interview and approve patients for UNM Hospital charity and discount programs
* FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE - Refer self-pay patients for financial assistance; make financial assistance appointments
* ELIGIBILITY - Determine and process eligibility for financial assistance (Including Medicaid, SCI, UNM Care, Commercial, Medicare, PHS/Indian Health Service, Salud, Self Pay)
* REFERRALS - Maintain a knowledge of community financial resources and refer patients appropriately (EMSA).
* TRAINING - Perform training with registration and admitting personnel to assure proper registration and knowledge of business practices to include financial assistance programs
* TRAINING - Perform outreach/training with clinical areas to ensure process flow remains tight and to maintain open communication
* CUSTOMER RELATIONS - Establish and maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with patients, visitors, physicians and Hospitals employees
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* LIAISON - Perform as liaison between clinic staff, providers, and the insurance company or other payors to coordinate financial benefits/ coverage and prior authorizations
* CODING - Assign ICD9 or ICD10, CPT codes as required by insurance companies in order to obtain authorization for services
* DOCUMENTATION- Send all pertinent medical documentation to insurance companies and other payors for approval. Document final authorization in Cerner and scan all paperwork into Siemens scanning
* FRONT DESK - Answer phones at front desk and assist walk-in patients as needed. Provide after hours/weekend information desk coverage for the hospital. Re-identify patients for Blood Bank and Health Information Management Department. Organize folders for floor visits to patients. Admit surgical patients and direct admits that present to the Admitting office. Input all pre-admits for PALS and direct admissions as appropriate. Log all admissions in the Admitting logs.
* PATIENT CARE - Accept and issue patient's valuables from patients and the Emergency Department Staff. Perform floor visits to interview patients after a direct admit from the Emergency Department or the clinics
* CASH - Reconcile and complete cash reconciliation reports; balance and post payments, contractual allowances, and denials
* REPORTS - Obtain police reports when appropriate for billing information for Patient Financial Services. Do the Census reports for PBX. Work Medicare secondary payor report as assigned
* RELATED WORK - Perform related duties and responsibilities as required
* SIGNATURE - Obtain proper signatures for Medicare Rights Consent for Treatment, financial forms for applying for assistance, and other forms as appropriate; assure that patient rights are distributed
* INFORMATION - Interview patients and/or family at time of admission, pre-admission or discharge to obtain accurate demographic, and financial information; update information on Hospitals computer system to ensure correct billing; register patients for the Laboratory and clinics after hours; provide billing information to Ambulance Services
* High School or GED Equivalent
2 years directly related experience
Bilingual English/Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo
* Not Applicable/Not Required
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
* No or min hazard, physical risk, office environment
* May be required to travel to various work sites
* May be required or is required to rotate work shifts
Recently Viewed Jobs
Sorry, have not recently viewed any jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs. Explore all of our jobs here.