Many companies, including UNM Hospital, have been affected by online employment scams targeting job seekers for payment and personal information. We will never request money or sensitive information during the application process. If asked, assume that individual is not affiliated with UNM Hospital and ignore the communication. If selected for a position, we will ask for additional information. All information should be submitted securely on unmhjobs.com, not via email.
CWA - ASST MEDICAL
- Job ID
- Clinical Nursing Support
- CPC Cimarron Clinic
- Albuquerque, NM
- Date posted
- Pay Rate
- $15.96 - $22.06 Hourly
Department: CPC Cimarron Clinic
Full Time (30 - 40 hours per week)
Sign On Bonus available for external hires!
Perform a variety of front and back office clerical duties in support of assigned area to include but not limited to collecting patient data, obtaining patient medical history; performing treatment procedures, preparing instruments for sterilization; maintaining a sanitary work area; coordinating and scheduling appointments and verifying medical coverage. May perform a variety of clerical duties to include basic cashiering duties. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
* PATIENT CENTERED MED - Adhere to and promote the core expectations of the Patient Centered Medical Home or Patient Centered Specialty Practice as applicable
* PATIENT CARE - Assist in preparation of patient care to include the admission, transfer and discharge process; phone in prescriptions; assist the provider with a variety of treatment procedures as requested to include setting up sterile fields and chaperoning
* PATIENT CARE - Perform routine non-invasive treatment procedures to include saturation, administration and urine dipsticks; may perform invasive procedures to include but not limited to phlebotomy, ear irrigation, catheterization, and EKG's
* MEDICATION - Administer medication, including Parenteral (IM, SQ, ID); Oral Drops, Eye Drops, and Oral via Seven Rights; document and communicate clinical findings (After completion of UNMH MA Medication Administration course)
* PATIENT CARE - Perform basic patient initial screening; intakes and records vital signs; records chief complaints; patient data collection; report any changes in condition or behavior of patients to appropriate personnel
* DATA - Enter various data into computer and forms; verify data, make corrections and ensure accuracy; schedule patient appointments; answer and direct phone calls as requested; take and relay messages to providers
* CASHIER - Perform basic cashiering duties; collect monies for various activities; close and balance cash register
* ENVIRONMENT - Maintain a sanitary work area to include patient care rooms, equipment and instruments; report equipment problems; order and stock supplies; maintain appropriate PAR levels
* CUSTOMER SERVICE - Provide and ensure quality service and customer satisfaction
* RELATED WORK - Perform related duties and responsibilities as required
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* High School or GED Equivalent
* Program Graduate
* MA program graduate or 2 yrs MA experience on DD Form 214
* UNMH MA Safe Med Admin Course Completion w/in 90 Days
No minimum experience required
Bilingual English, Spanish, Keres, Tewa, Tiwa, Towa, Zuni, or Navajo 1 year directly related experience
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
Heavy Work: Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or people. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* Sig Hazard: Chemicals, Bio Hazardous Materials req PPE
* May be required to travel to various work sites
* Limited access to med room. Med Admin Policy, Att A
* May be required or is required to rotate work shifts