RN CASE MANAGER
Are you a healthcare processional who enjoys helping people with a variety of complex physical and/or mental conditions? Do you want to make an impact in a patient’s life by assessing their needs, listening to their concerns, and helping to find solutions? Do you thrive in a challenging and rewarding fast-paced environment where you can grow as a professional? The please consider a career as an RN Case Manager at UNM Hospitals!
- Full-Time, Part-time, Per Diem
- Level: Mid
- Glassdoor: 66%
- At UNMH, you’ll find a world-class care environment that will bring out the best in you. Here, we treat everyone with respect. We listen to our patients, anticipate their needs and make everyone feel welcome.
- Since we work at a teaching hospital, we keep our skills fresh, learn from mistakes, are thorough and accurate, and open to change. We’re also able to think about the big picture without losing sight of the smallest detail.
- Working together, we collaborate and encourage each other, but can also work with autonomy. We share ideas, welcome feedback, and value the diversity of our teams.
- While you build your career with UNMH, we’ll help you excel with ample training and learning opportunities. After all, you’re helping care for people throughout our community, our state, and our region.
What makes a successful Case Manager at UNMH? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
I'm able to change how UNMH relates to the community. Working with our partners, I communicate about better outcomes that will benefit patients 20 years from now. I’ve never been able to do that before.Chauncy
I like to problem-solve and figure out ways to make things work. And I love that what I do every day is important.Carmen
Every day I learn something new, whether it be medical or social. I love the opportunities and the variety of work that I see at UNMH.Rebecca
Benefits of Employment
Medical, Dental (Free for full-time) Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA
5.5% UNMH contribution after 1 year
56 hours Educational leave; CME allowance
Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
Nursing Mother Rooms, Cafeteria
Close to Public Transportation, Restaurants, and Entertainment
This part time position is for a weekend RN Case Manager that will cover specific units in the hospital on Saturday and Sunday for patient care transitions/discharge planning. The hospital discharge planning case manager will develop and implement a patient specific, safe and timely discharge plan in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. This is done through interfacing with the patients and families to assess each individual's needs, develop a discharge plan that the patient and family can successfully meet, and implement the plan in an efficient and timely manner. Generous sign-on bonus for new hire candidate.
Coordinate all systems/services required for an organized, multidisciplinary, patient centered care team approach, and assure quality, cost-effective care for the identified patient population. Manage the course of treatment of patients, coordinating care with physicians, nurses and other staff ensuring quality patient outcomes are achieved within established time frames and with efficient utilization of resources. Conduct initial and ongoing assessments, initiate disease management protocols, determine and manage outcomes, ensure continuity of care through discharge planning, utilization of resources and analysis of variances. Function as a contact person for patient, family, health care team members, community resources and employees as necessary. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.